Carrageen Moss Jelly
The basic Carrageen Moss Jelly also contains minerals and nutrients from the plant that provides delicious desserts.
You will need:
- 20g of Carrageen Moss
- 900 ml (1.5 pint) of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Soak the Carrageen in a bowl of cold water for 15 to 20 mins.
- Put milk and soaked Carrageen into a pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins.
- Stirring from time to time to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- The Carrageen will break up into pieces with the mixture becoming “gloopy” or “gelatinous” .
- It will also coat the back of the wooden spoon.
- Strain through sieve into a large bowl, making sure that all of the mixture is passed through the sieve.
- Discard the contents of the sieve.
- Add the sugar to taste and place in smaller bowls or ramekins and allow to set.